I often stumble across websites with beautiful bird photography and some are just downright inspiring. Here's a few links I have saved. These are not stock photos however I often do sketches from photographs such as these for learning purpose. Palemale and Lola
- Amazing, clear photographs taken on a daily basis focusing on the Red Tailed Hawks living in the photographers' area. There are so many different angles, lightings, poses, flights and close-ups here that it really is a hawk lover's paradise. Be sure to check out the archives.Wildlife Bird Photography
- Tonne of gorgeous bird photos. I bookmarked this a long time ago and am not certain if it remains a valid section of his site but with photos like this
, I'll share it while it's here. J R's Birds
- A journal of birding by a photographer with plenty of lovely photos. Australian Bird Photos - Potentially hard to figure out where you're going on this site at first, but under 'Species List' or 'Thumbnail List' you can find heaps of lovely photos of Australian birds. I often use this site when I'm looking specifically for Aussie birds or for new, interesting photos of species that don't have a grand showcase on google images.
Slater Museum; Bird Wing Collection
- While everyone should know of this one already, it's always worth linking to. Catalogue of photographs of bird wings, above and below. Great for direct reference of specific species. Digital Morphology - Bird Section
- Not exactly photos in the traditional sense, but this site is brilliant in providing turn arounds of internal structure of animals. Most often skulls but there's a few whole skeletons thrown in. Fantastic for getting a good look at skeletal anatomy, check out the other animals too.